Reveille scheduled thursday night, made a trip, heard nothing, case closed

Message posted by Paul on September 24, 2010 at 16:18:05 PST:

Last night Reveille north and south were scheduled up to 60,000 from 10pm to midnight and from midnight to 2am. I drove over to the fallon range and up to a spot on the east side of Fairview peak were i can hear activity in the northern NTTR. I never heard any activity from 10pm to 11:30pm on the nellis and dream freqs and was also searching for any i didn't have. At 11:30pm an Oakland center controller told a eastbound flight that he needed a routing to keep him clear of airspace associated with the nellis complex. The rerouting was direct KROST direct willson creek. I can't see how the reroute could be related to anything other then keeping the flight out of reveille. I started driving home at 11:30pm and continuted to monitor but heard no activity. Maybe there was a UAV in reveille. There should have been something there if a flight nedeed to be rerouted to keep it out of there. Anyways, i have decided not to let the FAA SUA page influence my trip decision down to the NTTR. Case closed.

In Reply to: Possible scheduled late night NTTR airspace ativation confirmation posted by Paul on September 21, 2010 at 18:49:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]