Re: Yahoo & Area 51..

Message posted by Georgeums on September 23, 2010 at 8:43:39 PST:

The "Yahoo Answers" index the anyone-can-answer-a-question stuff as search engine "results," and they muddy the waters regarding just about every topic you want to ask. When you end up reading daffy comments taken as "answers" discussing subjects you really care about (for me that includes hockey as well as Area 51), the, "How the hell can Yahoo approve these misinformed-at-best quips as answers?" anger/disbelief reaction kicks in.

Those of us who are fascinated by a very active (and growing) top secret facility which represents the cutting edge of aviation technology, understand that the only "aliens" there are non-U.S. citizens with resident and worker's visas, and feel privileged to lurk or post on the forum of the world's premier website covering Area 51, where the best and brightest experts in the field freely share the kind of information that would usually be deemed, "Buy my next book to find out" "secret" for the sake of openness and simply sharing what they know...

Well, those "answers" on websites like Yahoo drive us nuts, but we kind of have to tolerate them, and if we weigh in, mention Dreamlandresort.com as the place to go to get the real story.

Long answer, I know, but reading those misinformed "answers" to so many topics I care about ticks me off to no end, too, and I guess we can only hope that those who are interested in Area 51 with any level of sincerity look further than a free-form forum's worth of "answers" in their search for the facts.

To use a cheesy cliche, "The Truth isn't out there"--as much of we know of it is right here, in the open, shared by a group of elite experts to serious military aviation enthusiasts because we all want to take a peek behind the curtain and figure out what our government's spending billions of dollars to build the world's most amazing, cutting-edge technology "toys."

Long story short, if those "answers" annoy you as much as they do me, chime in and send 'em here for a reality check.

In Reply to: Yahoo & Area 51.. posted by wheresjanet on September 22, 2010 at 22:44:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]