Re: Tuesday night Continental 269 flight

Message posted by Paul on September 22, 2010 at 17:50:20 PST:

Thanks for all the info. I can say that the FAA SUA page has been very reliable for the Fallon Range and for the Goose North MOA that the Klamath Falls F-15s use. I have planed my trips around them and only once have been let down at Fallon. And that was a Saturday visit where the range was active but all that was in the range was a single C-130. For R-2508 (edwards/china lake),especially on the weekends, the reliability is downright terrible. On the few trips to the Lemoore NAS MOAs the schedule was also very accurate. So i have used this site many times and it has paid off. Thanks to it, i have on Saturdays seen live bombing at Bravo-17 in the Fallon Range and F-15 BFM in the Goose North MOA. Keep in mind that military pilots can not going flying and use range airspace on the fly anytime they want. Range airspace is scheduled in advance. It has to be to avoid conflicts. So when i see the Reveille active at 2am or so, i can't help but wonder what, if anything is going on. All it takes is one military plane from anywhere doing anything i guess to make it active. I guess that could include a UAV that would not necessarily be talking to anyone. Support aircaft, mainly tankers i guess could be in the Reveille while the main activity is elswhere. This was the case last year when i saw a B-52 launch two test items into the 60 series ranges. There were some F-16s also involved and they got refuled by a tanker that was at least part of the time in Reveille.

In Reply to: Re: Tuesday night Continental 269 flight posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 22, 2010 at 9:34:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]