Re: OFFICIAL MAP OF WHERE RED FLAG PARTICIPANTS ARE ALOUD TO FLY.

Message posted by Theran Davis on August 25, 2010 at 11:35:37 PST:

A couple interesting observations about this map:

1. All of R-4808 is in red (presumably No-Fly). Previous maps I've seen show only the northwest block of R-4808 as No-Fly, but this also has the southeast block over the NTS marked out. Anyone know why this would be?

2. What is the big red chunk east of R-4808? That doesn't correspond to any restricted areas or MOAs, and I've never seen that one blocked either. It does appear to be right over the town of Alamo...perhaps it's due to noise complaints from the residents?

3. Presumably the orange areas are "friendly", and the blue are "enemy". However, look at R-4807B, covering areas 19 and 20 of the NTS. This would seem to be friendly territory behind enemy lines? And, has the USAF been using that airspace (and ground territory) for Red Flag operations before? I didn't think USAF did any Red Flag operations directly on NTS land.

Very interesting map to say the least...wish we could see more of it, or in greater detail. When was this pic taken?

Theran

In Reply to: Re: OFFICIAL MAP OF WHERE RED FLAG PARTICIPANTS ARE ALOUD TO FLY. posted by wheresjanet on August 25, 2010 at 10:54:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]