In Defense ..

Message posted by Steve Douglass on August 23, 2010 at 9:11:49 PST:

I just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion and say Pete is truly a great aviation historian. I have on my wall in a special display case some of the artifacts he has graciously sent me. Pete is a stand up guy.

And so Is Bill Scott. I've talked at length with Bill about the controversy and political infighting (within AVWK) concerning his black world reporting.

The truth is - pressure from military aviation FLAKS (who represent the interests of the very companies who advertise in AVWK) and pressure from with the Pentagon (and on and off the Beltway) kept the majority of good solid stories about Area 51 out of AVWKs pages.

It's a fact - the owners and (fiscally conservative) publishers of AVWK were worried that some of Bill's revelations would be seen as biting the hand that fed them or souring the (information) milk - so to speak- angering Pentagon insiders (for unsanctioned) disclosures that could reveal (and possibly effect) funding lines for secret boondoggle military pet projects such as the horrendously expensive "Aurora" as it was popularly known as.

I (with independent first hand knowledge of my own) can confirm the guts of BlackStar X0V story, but unfortunately (cannot) name sources here - for if I did - they too would dry up.

For the poster that suggest that "Bill must be out of money" nothing can be further from the truth. He is a very successful author with two great books out on the shelves now and a third in the works.

Both Pete and Bill and Pete are excellent writers and researchers and we should listen to them both. Sure, they don't agree on the existence of BlackStar but that's okay too.

Back to the subject of Area 51: Bill's article on our favorite secret (non-secret) base has been posted at the link. It's a good read rather you believe BlackStar exists or not - and I'm not saying that just because I'm mentioned.

There is however one error. I did not intercept the "Gaspipe" transmissions - but a fellow Interceptor did - who didn't want to be identified (due to the nature of his work) so he funneled the tape through me. Other than that - everything is basically spot on!

-Steve Douglass

Attached link: The Truth Is Out There

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]