Re: Nellis Aggressor Squadron Navy F-5's

Message posted by RickB on July 16, 2010 at 7:59:05 PST:

Thank you for the response HTH. I'm very much aware that the Aggressor Squadron and Aggressor air combat training program is very much alive and well today at Nellis and has been for many years. I'm one of the civilian geeks who spends several weeks a year filming around the Nellis perimeter and have a small libray of Red Flag video from over the last 10 years which incudes many of the Aggressor aircraft.

Let me clarify: there was a point back in the late 1980's or early 1990's when the program was formerly closed down. The closuer obviously was only temporary and I'm not sure how many years it lasted. This would have been around the time the F-5's were last used as part of the Aggressor program at Nellis. And again, I am 90% sure that the program was canceled because of some kind of competitive friction amongst the pilots who were flying one type of aircraft vs. another. I clearly remember reading about this back at the time. I believe there was even a "60 Minutes" segment on this.

In Reply to: Re: Nellis Aggressor Squadron Navy F-5's posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on July 16, 2010 at 6:46:27 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]