Odd lights - Central england heading sw toward cambridge/ipswich

Message posted by Ben on July 03, 2010 at 15:11:14 PST:

Just been to let the dog out before bed and i have just seen two odd lights in the sky. Both looked like stars, one much brighter than the other. Noticed the bight one at the back first, then the dim one in front of it. Absolutely silent and definately not aircraft. Maintaining a steady heading, probably about 50 degrees and heading towards cambridge and on towards Ipswich (that kind of heading from Leicestershire) and maintaining a separation. Probably doing twice the speed you would see an aircraft track across the sky at. Difficult to tell distance between them as the light was low and i couldnt figure out the altitude. No other lights etc. Though at first they may be satellites but i wondered if you would see two that close together and doing the same speed?

Would be interesting if someone else in the east of england could spot them and verify. Managed to get a vid on my camera though quality i fon think is very good. Ill get it uploadedas the battery was dead and i only got a few seconds of it and i dont think its picked up the first object.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]