RB-57F Weather

Message posted by Blackstarjp on June 24, 2010 at 14:50:58 PST:

That is a cool picture-for anybody interested there is a book called Martin B-57 Canberra The Complete Record-Robert C. Mikesh-this is an excellent read and it covers all variants. I have colected parts of aricraft for years-in fact I have some access doors from the B-57 and structual components some new from a goverment surplus sale. Also I had a very intersting close call with a B-57-I was with a group of friends and we were eating lunch out near the International Peace Gardens in Salt Lake City, Utah the year was either 1977-78 but we were in the park eating lunch when we heard a loud noise and we looked up and a aircraft was falling out of the sky you could make out two parachutes-and we took off and this B-57 was being ferried to Davis-Monthan AFB and had taken off from HILL AFB UTAH, the palne started expierencing problems and tried to head back to HILL and thats when the ferring crew had to eject the B-57 slammed into a building not more than a 150 to 200 feet away and ironically the last person had just left 5 minutes ago for LUNCH!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]