For first timers to Rachel and Area 51 borders

Message posted by Hank on June 16, 2010 at 18:25:17 PST:

Looks like alot of interest in the area for first timers this summer. Dont be fooled by people that have never been there and have horror stories. Lots of that on other sites. The info here is true and posted by people who have been there. My first trip to the area was along time ago and I have made more than 100 trips since. When I made my first trip this site didnt exist. As a matter of fact the internet didnt exist. I was nervous as all first timers seem to be. Not to worry if you do not cross the border you will have no problems. Their is alot to see. Groom Lake Rd, Bald Mountain, Coyote Summit, Rachel Back Gate and the Inn. If you want to go farther west from Rachel, Cedar Gate, The Russian Radar, Keno Airstrip,etc. With the exception of Coyote Summit and the Inn these are all fenced and signed. If you dont cross the fenced areas and obey the signs life will be good and you will have an enjoyable trip. Take all the pics you want and camp anywhere. As for a Tikaboo climb that is available to you also. This is not a walk up a hill. Take plenty of water and remember help is a long ways away so be prepared. Let me suggest that you read the links on the left side of the home page. Area 51 FAQs, Maps and GPS, and Trip Reports will be a big help. If you have any further questions please post them and they will be answered promptly.

Hank

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]