Re: Questions on my first trip to area 51

Message posted by Gregos on June 16, 2010 at 11:54:22 PST:

I agree with Hank. I've never taken one of these tours so I can't personally say it's not worth $195 a person. But I will speculate that it's not worth $195 a person!!! I would almost like to go on one of the touring company trips just to see what kind of BS they sling around. Obviously for marketing, they are going to focus on the UFO topic, I would imagine.

Personally, I would save your money and like Hank said, rent a car and head up on your own. I just rented a compact from the airport last week from Payless Car Rental for just over $10 a day -no joke. Granted it was a compact but that would still be fine for a trip down Groom Lake Road and out to the Back Gate in Rachel. That's where the tour is only going to take you. The burger at the Inn is $5 bucks. And a tank of gas for the car maybe $20 bucks. So, I just saved you $160 bucks bro!

I understand you don't want to go alone, but it's no big deal. You will probably get a little freaked out the first time going down Groom Lake Road and want to turn around. I know I did! Just remember, IT IS NOT illegal to drive up to the signs. Just DO NOT cross the border! If you post the dates of your trip, you may get lucky and cross paths with other DLR forum member at the Inn. I was planning on going up tomorrow myself but work just cancelled my plans. Work is such a four letter word!

Do a little research with the gray buttons to the left and I guarantee you'll have a great trip!

Good Luck!

In Reply to: Re: Questions on my first trip to area 51 posted by Hank on June 16, 2010 at 11:07:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]