Re: big enough to land on?

Message posted by loopbacktest4 echo on June 13, 2010 at 6:36:54 PST:

It is possible if not probable that there are several different stealth blimps constructed by different partnering defense contractors designed for different purposes. A high altitude long duration blimp could be used as a platform for communications relay, ISR, Laser targeting etc while a low altitude heavy lifting blimp could be designed to move troops and their equipment around. I have seen designs for high altitude blimps that are telecommunications platforms that will sit over cities replacing satellites. I have also seen similar designs for astronomy/research platforms. I should also mention that a lot of this was proposed back in the 1970's. Back in the 1980's there were tentative plans to build high altitude blimps for advertising. The goal was that one would look up into the night sky and see Coca Cola blazing across the heavens. There could be other unmanned stealth designs whose purpose is not easily apparent. For example, a next gen psychological operations platform (spook blimp)that can change size and speed while performing all the Spectre roles. The military is spending billions on the UAV's and robots. The next gen is a combination of the these.

In Reply to: Re: big enough to land on? posted by CFL2009 on June 12, 2010 at 20:16:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]