Re: J.J. Abrams Super 8 is About Area 51, Will Team Up With Steven Spielberg

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on May 08, 2010 at 4:52:38 PST:

Just remember that Hollywood does not make movies; it makes money. Whatever will make money the producers will finance. As long as A51 draws crowds and makes $$ then there you go. Spielburg already has included A51 in his last Indiana Jones movie, and did rather well replicating the entrance gate. If he hasn't (and still is) looking at this site, I would be surprised (Hi Steve! I loved "Saving Private Ryan" by better luck with 1942). As far as the SciFi genre, just remember (painfully) "Howard the Duck" was classified as Science Fiction.

This movie is going to be a money-making Spielburgian epic that looks to be a redo of CE3K but with bad aliens and 8mm (Cloverfieldish) Point Of View camera work. I won't get hung up on the lack of dedication to the truth by Hollywood (sorry, I just upchucked in my mouth a little.) Just remember how much Hollywood likes to press home political points at the expense of what the rest of America wants, then showing raging aliens busting out of a overturned boxcar from A51, eating E.T. and looking for payback from Bill Pullman and Will Smith, is pretty easy.

In Reply to: Re: J.J. Abrams Super 8 is About Area 51, Will Team Up With Steven Spielberg posted by Perplexium on May 07, 2010 at 21:04:15 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]