Re: Good Edwards Viewing Spots

Message posted by Jason on April 21, 2010 at 21:56:33 PST:

Well I would start with the spot in the picture above. Looks like a really nice spot. So good in fact I'd make sure its legal. lol I went from my house in San Diego North County to watch the shuttle land a couple of nights ago but No Bueno. I went to the rugular spots off CA-58. Basically the 1st, 2nd and 3rd exits from the North Base entrance. 20 Mule Team Rd and Rocket Site roads are good. The 2nd exit is where I was, not sure the name. But anyway, at night I could see the tower and parts of the base but nothing of great detail. I could however see the runway lights. Those are prety good spots to see the airspace over the lake bed and to the east also. Like I said it my post below, I was buzzed by a B-2 a couple times and saw what I think was a UAV test and another aircraft I would say was a small fighter sized plane (Probably a Nasa plane checking conditions for the shuttle landing) flying all over the lake bed low and high and to the North and the east as well.

In Reply to: Re: Good Edwards Viewing Spots posted by wheresjanet on April 21, 2010 at 21:38:20 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]