Re: Visiting tikaboo mid April ( Virus attack)

Message posted by Pete on April 11, 2010 at 19:47:47 PST:

Hi Tangolima,

Sorry for the delay in posting back to you.

I am not sure How to upload a screen shot to the forum.

The message from the Microsoft INT explorer box says " your computer remains infected by viruses. They can cause data loss and file damages and need to be fixed as soon as possible. Return to system security and download itto protect your PC.

Another message is from Windows security alert. to help protect your computer windows web security has dectected trojans and ready to remove them.

it then shows a list of detected spyware and malware surposively on my computer..theres then some further text below .. but I have noted that there are a few spelling and grammar errors... so this does make me think chances are its not genuiene..

in the background behind the messages there is what seems like MY Computer folders, such as Shared documents, My Documents, Local Disc "C" and "D"

Having said that I think that its not genuine, I looked at the site from another computer ( My Brothers) intending to copy the Tikaboo map / info.. and when he tried to print it... it had a problem, and he tried again and instead of getting a copy, there was some sort of text code ( just a few lines) on the print outs...but no copy of what was expected , ie the map and information..

We didnt have time to investigate further as it was late... so I am not sure what to make of it..
I only hope that it isnt a virus and that he hasnt also caught it..

my computer otherwise has seemed to run ok since.
I hope to uninstall my AV and reinstall it.. to see if it detects anything as I am not sure that its working correctly at the moment..

In Reply to: Re: Visiting tikaboo mid April ( Virus attack) posted by Tangolima on April 09, 2010 at 21:20:49 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]