Re: Visiting tikaboo mid April

Message posted by Pete on April 07, 2010 at 19:33:39 PST:

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the ref to your April 2009 report.

I am fortunate that you did your trip last year and was able to share your experience.

Its good to get a good idea what to expect in April, what the conditions and temperatures may be..

Like the photos...seems that there are also mountains inbetween Tikaboo obscurring the view of Area 51 to some extent..

I am not sure If I will be able to copy all you did preperation wise.. ie GPS, Shotgun !... Not sure if you took it just to test it out, or in case of dangers that I am not aware of..

I am a bit concerned with the Low milage rate of the 4x4s SVUs... How much fuel they hold in the tank.
Would I need to carry a seperate fuel refill tank..?

if its about 90 miles from Las vegas.. at 15 miles a gallon... 6 to 7 gallons of fuel may get me there...
then its a min 22 miles x 2 = 44 miles for the Trail..

I am a bit concerned about the climb... I am not any where near as fit as i used to be...and I am concerned about going off the trial.. and the difficulty you describe with the footing...I NOTE the point that you make when returning back down.
I am sure that the GPS would be very useful here.

Seems it will be too cold to stay overnight...

Not sure that I want to pay $89 a night for maybe 4 days accommodation, so I may have to try and find
the cheaper option.

Thanks again for the ref to the info.

In Reply to: Re: Visiting tikaboo mid April posted by Marcus on April 07, 2010 at 4:24:56 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]