Re: Trip

Message posted by Gregos on March 17, 2010 at 12:39:43 PST:

Neonsky and I went out to Desert National Wildlife Range in early November. On the road out there, you actually clip a small section of the restricted border but it is not fenced off. After about 20 miles on a rough dirt road, there is a small section of the Urban Operations Complex that you can see. The very most southern part but you are still 8 miles away! While we were there, we did a little target practice but saw no activity at Gotham, in the couple hours out that way. We did hear a prop plane overhead though out the day but never saw anything in the sky. We both agreed there was a good chance it was a UAV watching our moves. The reason I say this is it would be the perfect training mission for the pilots at Creech. "Hey there are two insurgents to the northeast, send up a bird and see what they are doing!" I'd like to think they targeted us that day and sent us to meet "Allah!" Lol. The other reason I say this is, when it got dark we headed home. On the road out we passed three clean cut guys heading in. We stopped to say hi and they acted like they knew nothing of the Nellis Gunnery and Bombing Range just to the west. They said they were sight seeing to the Hidden Forrest. At night? If so they were not the sharpest knives in the drawer! We again agreed they were security coming out to see what we were up to. Maybe we were a little paranoid but I guess we'll never know for sure...

In Reply to: Re: Trip posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 17, 2010 at 9:05:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]