Re: Intro A Little OT

Message posted by gary on November 06, 2001 at 20:59:57 PST:

Well since Joerg mentioned I got the chopper treatment again, let me give the details. I was at N37.49189 W115.69239 , one of 5 gates near Bald Mountain. [Incidentally, the topo map doesn't show a road to this point.] I took some more photos of the general area where the video camera is located on the mountain, which has been the center of many discussions on this forum. I was there for at least 20 minutes before the chopper came out. It flew out of an area between Bald Mountain and the hill to the north of it, approximately at N37.47636 W115.71636 (a click on the electronic map in the general area and way too many significant figures.] . The chopper then hugged the side of Bald Mountain flying kind of low, making it really hard to detect since the chopper is green, or more correctly OD. The chopper then flew around the hill to my left that is centered at N37.45789 W115.65153, perhaps to see if I had accomplices, then came at me from the back and hugged the side of that hill then flew back over the pass mentioned earlier. All the time the helicopter was near me the pilot kept it tilted so that the tail number was facing the ground, making it impossible for me to photograph the tail number.

Eventually some cammo dudes showed up. They drove very slowly towards me. I got my camera out, which is considered to be very potent garlic to a cammo dude. They kept on coming and actually drove right past me (click , whirl) then parked on the other side of the gate. This seemed really dumb since I could have decided to be a jerk and blocked the road. As far as I can tell the road doesn't go beyond the mountain. Anyway, they decided that parking in a location where I couldn't trap them was a good idea, so they again drove past me and parked at a location where they could observe me and probably a few other gate locations.

In Reply to: Re: Intro A Little OT posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 06, 2001 at 17:55:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]