Re: Any Idea's>

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 15, 2010 at 12:33:07 PST:

There are several types of intrusion detection devices in use around Groom. The ones we know of include magnetic induction sensors that pick up moving vehicles, IR sensors, remote controlled cameras and one or two others that I won't mention here. If you drive in on any dirt road, the road sensors will pick you up. If you hike in, you are looking at a very long hike in hostile terrain. I ran into a mountain lion not far from Roadblock Canyon once. There is always a chance that you run into a contractor or security patrol, or that a security chopper spots you. Or, you may end up as target of opportunity for a live fire exercise. Not to mention that many areas around Groom are heavily contaminated with radiation.

You may have read the story of Jerry Freeman who claims to have hiked in from the south, and to have made it all the way to Groom. While some of the details in his story don't add up, it gives a good idea of what you may run into. I don't have the link to his story handy, but I am sure you can google it.

In Reply to: Re: Any Idea's> posted by Dave on March 15, 2010 at 11:58:56 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]