Re: DARPAhard

Message posted by JR on January 27, 2010 at 21:38:23 PST:

Hmmm, black wing - is that my VTOL triangle over Brentwood Drive? Seems way too noisy to be a covert ops deployment vehicle.

WRT Lockheed, I've been in 601 and M-Lab. I've also been in the building at Site 7 that was later transformed into something special - 3 stories of engineering and 3 story hangar open space - mating gantry parked outside. This was back in ninety.......one or two? 601 always had special curtain areas and you could not see the programs from the mezzanines. Were they fitting one-offs in 601? Or in one of the newer single story structures east of 601?

I'd guess that most of what I saw back then was bulldozed and reconfigured in the past 18 years. They made room for Darkstar and the venturestar proto long after my feet were tracking dirt through those buildings.

Most priceless possession I own: An LADC badge with A access and my smiling young mug on it.

Most priceless observation of my life: Seeing the ...what was it....Hy Shot? Whatever....I was there the day that the SR took off for the pacific range with a ramjet strapped to its back. I was at the security office as a matter of fact.

In Reply to: DARPAhard posted by loopbacktest4echo on January 27, 2010 at 9:29:14 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]