Area 51 trip Monday

Message posted by Hankmann on January 14, 2010 at 0:02:11 PST:

Went out to show friends the area in anticipation of the up coming RF. Since they had never been, I stopped at as many of the famous spots as possible(due to daylight). While we were at the "UFO Museum" or info center on 375, we heard the before posted engine throttling.

Happened many times in short 30-40 second bursts.

However, this was clearly not the same sound I had heard in Indian Springs. This was very easily indentifible as engine noise. It seemed to be coming from the Delmar area, for lack of a horrible explanation of direction. But clearly opposite of A51.

This continued for almost 10 minutes, 30-40 secs then a minute or so of peace, then again the "revving" would start.

We actually stayed because of the sounds. Having explained to my friends of the recent reports of such noise, we were interested to say the least.

Once the sounds seemed to have ended, we continued on our trip. Drove around the area at and behind Horny's. Stopped at a good viewing spot for some landscape pics and again could hear the revving. Of course it was a bit fainter being further away from where we had heard it prior.

Drove to the main gate, vehicle was ahead of us about 5 miles I would guess. It continued into the base. Watched "shift change" for the cammo dudes then left.

Nothing was heard, nothing was seen.

At the Inn a fighter buzzed the area but it was dusk and I was not quick enough outside to catch what it was.

Met "Agent 51" and Mark who was working the Inn.

Great trip, wish it was summer with longer daylight !

Pictures still being worked on, will post a link when finished.

Thanks for reading.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]