Re: I saw something...

Message posted by 40 Committee on January 07, 2010 at 21:34:28 PST:

It was obvious the poster did not want to appear a typical UFO nutcase. His writing seemed a bit timid on the subject. Nevertheless the subject scratches the surface of the paranormal. The fact remains many replies followed showing the subject sparks interest in the human mind. Even if the reply was to distance themselves from the subject.

The very designers of Area 51 could not have functioned without the cognitive reality of intuition and abstract reasoning. This is not to mean what most people view as aliens from distant stars but rather a more realistic example such as aircrew members relying upon one another intuitively for the operations of high performance aircraft. There have been many examples like this throughout the years. A newer example would be the use of super computers virtual reality War games to help Troops suffering from PTSD returning from War zones.

These virtual reality computers at Andrews AFB are demonstrating the abilities of troops to use intuition to pin point danger areas in the road ahead. This is very real stuff here. Not only is it helping to relieve PTSD it is opening up whole new areas of study.

It's great to divulge the facts on a subject but blocking out these other functions can only lead to unraveling half the subject matter.

Raking out the UFO post seems to be a thorn in the side of this web site. For good reason, the site owner has set strict rules not associating his site with the unrelenting UFO post with endless fields of study. His comments usually put an end to such debates. If you can call them debates. JW's thank you for the post was sort of confusing, "Thank you for the post. No harm done. I just want to avoid discouraging new posters from posting what may turn out to be relevant to our subject of interest."
Is this saying he wants new posters to post UFO type incidents in order to weed out something that may apply to our subject of interest?

How would you keep this subject off the discussion page when it is such an integral part of the history of the Area 51. Could you censor any subject with key words such as UFO? How can this subject be separated? As a new poster, that is my question.

The psychology of the comments when the UFO subject comes up is quite interesting indeed.

In Reply to: Re: I saw something... posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on January 06, 2010 at 22:47:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]