Re: Edwards AFB air show this weekend

Message posted by desert2 on October 18, 2009 at 19:23:17 PST:

Thank you for posting this message! I just happened to find the site last week and read this. I had wondered when/if Edwards would hold another open house.

While we couldn't be directly at the base, we were a few miles north. Through my telescope I viewed the show at the base. Fun.

But the best part for me was to see the B52, B1, and B2 in the air at the same time! The classic lines of the B52, the elegance of the B1, and the thrill of the B2.

Just as one finds beauty and the work of genius in a marble or bronze statue, so, too, can one find beauty and genius in these aircraft. To me, this is what places like Area51 are about, not aliens but the art and genius of engineering and science. And the men/women who enrobe themselves not with the wings of birds, but who take on the aerodynamic forms of flight, to soar higher, faster, and farther than that which we once sought to imitate.

When the other 3 aircraft joined the B's, it was an impressive sight to see the line of "follow the 52 leader" circle around the desert sky. When the B's formed into formation, it was downright time to cheer.

Maybe next year we will take the rv on base, but I sure enjoyed this year's show in the air.

In Reply to: Edwards AFB air show this weekend posted by Peter Merlin on October 14, 2009 at 13:42:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]