Sort of sums up Cammo Dudes!

Message posted by Robert on October 11, 2009 at 9:58:36 PST:

Yesterday out at the back gate an incident happened that sort sums up for me the Cammo Dudes and what they do. We arrived at the back gate near Rachel at about 3:30 in the afternoon. Nobody was there. We got out of the car and noticed the security camera started to follow us as usual. After maybe only 2 minutes I notice a white pickup with red and blue lights on the top. The lights were not on. The thing that really interested me was the speed. The security truck was coming to the back gate to check on us at a speed I have not seen them go before. I would guess and it is only a guess is that the truck was going close to 70 mph on the dirt road. Anybody out there know the road is in pretty good shape at the back gate, but that speed was ridiculous. I figured this guy is going to get serious with us. I have been to the back approximately 20-25 times mostly on the weekend and usually there is nobody even at the gate. They typically just monitor with the camera, but this time due to the speed and the white pickup I thought maybe something different was going to happen. It was not the usual cammo dude colored truck typically seen at GLR, so this also made me thing something might happened. I thought to myself, what did we do? Nothing. We were a good 10 feet from the gate and just looking around from the dirt road. What did we do to deserve what was about to happen? The pickup slammed on the breaks and slid into a parking area right behind the second guard shack. He was completely out of sight. He never even got out of the truck. It was as if he was hiding. All that speed, the white truck with lights on top and he simply just hid behind the second guard shack. I waited about 10 minutes to see if he got out of the truck. He didn't. His truck was out of sight so I couldn't get a picture of it. Oh well, I thought this might be the time I get hassled but no such luck. I am glad he didn't hassle us but why risk blowing out a tire on that road driving that fast for absolutely nothing???? Any similar incidents at the back gate? Anybody witness speeds like that before?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]