Re: Roadrunners Go Public, But Lockheed Martin Remains Quiet

Message posted by habu-e6 on October 06, 2009 at 20:40:15 PST:

It is interesting that you state that a person would have to drink the fuel to get a big enough dose to be harmful. I could not find any data to support that statement.
If possible could you provide a link to support your conclusion?

In my opinion, and according to the CDC, any compound of cesium is very dangerous. I doubt if they used a radioactive form of it. But, without documentation who knows? Some of the compounds have a very short half life.

Other serious health related test data would include the resultant combination of the hydrocarbons and other additives. And most of all the resultant factors of aspirating the burned constituent by-products. The CDC states none were made but more testing is needed.

Latency studies are most serious of these, to get an idea of how long it would take for any health problems to show up.

I personally knew people who worked closely with the fuel and suddenly developed tumors and died. If you visit Lelands SR-71 Blackbirds web site and go though the recollections pages you may notice many of the workers died from cancers. The A-12's first test pilot die from leukemia. I do not imply that cesium caused any health issues. I am saying that know one knew anything about it in order to test it under these conditions. Because it was top secret. Now that it is declassified, studies should now commence.

The thing is they had to use it. They didn't have time or concern about the health effects in those days.

At most, we could hope that workers in the future could be better protected from hazardous materials in classified programs.

In Reply to: Re: Roadrunners Go Public, But Lockheed Martin Remains Quiet posted by perplexium on October 06, 2009 at 18:36:43 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]