Re: Funny you should ask...Crossing the Border

Message posted by Hankmann on September 28, 2009 at 7:22:13 PST:

Large signs stating this area is off limits, the desolation of the base, all the websites, news stories and urban legends on the base. My feelings are anyone crossing the border deserves the full extent of the law.

Would it be great to know what's going on there? Sure would ! But it would also lose all the mystery surrounding the base as well.

If enough people start crossing the border, the restricted area will grow or worse, the base will move if there is enough "crossers".

With the world becomming more and more unsettled every day, now is NOT the time to push one's luck at Area 51. UFOs? Super stealth? Super weapons? Anything that is going on there can easily fall under the "Nation's Defense" topic and thus should remain ultra top secret !

Can you imagine what type of world we'd be living in if Los Alamos was not a Top Secret site in the 30s and 40s? Does anyone think Japan would've not bombed Pearl Harbor if they knew we were researching the bomb at the time?

Seems pretty plain and simple to me, bases are all secured for the men and women's safety who are serving as well as the Nations protection from attacks no matter how small. If the base is a research facility or test facility, the awarness or security level rises. I fail to see an issue with this.

Hell, F1 teams are super-uber top secret in testing and research, NFL teams hold closed practices and walk throughs. Why so many want to push the limits at 51 is mind boggling to me, zero good could ever come from it unless 20,000 people do it at the same time. Then I am sure the base would expand or move.

Sorry for the rant, felt the need to.

In Reply to: Re: Funny you should ask...Crossing the Border posted by Tangolima on September 28, 2009 at 6:33:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]