Re: Cammo Dudes

Message posted by Gregos on September 23, 2009 at 10:48:56 PST:

Thanks, Frank.

I don't want to turn this into a gun forum but that's my point exactly. Thanks for the two links to local laws. Sadly, I stopped looking into them and I certainly do not want to break any in the process of keeping myself safe. I may have to read up before my next trip out.

On that topic, a few years ago, we went shooting all my good stuff off of Kane Springs (Rainbow Canyon) Rd. Afterwards, we headed up to visited Rachel. On the way home, a massive thunderstorm was going on near Alamo. Me and my wife are both from the East coast, so we were excited to see all the lighting strikes and pulled over to watch, as you just don't get storms like that here in Las Vegas. To make a long story short, unfortunately about 20 feet of HWY 93 washed away in the storm just South of Alamo. I mean gone, washed away into a 10 foot ditch with violent flash flood water! No way to pass. We had to turn around and do a 300 mile detour up thru Caliente, into Utah, to I-15. Then pass thru a bit of Arizona to get back to Las Vegas. All with a trunk load of weapons including a Sig 9mm, Colt .45 1911, a CAR-15 and AK-47! My butt was tighter than a snare drum. I don't know how many laws I broke that night, but I'd like to think if Highway Patrol would have pulled me over, they would have understood my dilemma. Thank God I didn't have to go thru California!!!

In Reply to: Re: Cammo Dudes posted by Frank Stamm on September 23, 2009 at 9:27:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]