Re: DON"T FEAR THE POSTER

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on September 20, 2009 at 5:33:39 PST:

Habu, the posters, lurkers and readers here a very diverse mix with everything from professionals of all sorts, media and actors to kids with their resultant impulsive responses and poor grammar (the media I mean). Sounds like you have an interesting and varied background, but don't be put off by responses by some of the posters. Once a poster has shown an intent or agenda that focuses on something that he or she wants to use the site to gather information for no other enrichment than their own, people have a tendency to lapse into indifference at best. Simply put hatchets to be ground are better sharpened elsewhere. In my opinion you have a wealth of knowledge to share about your experiences, but if it is conditional then don't be surprised with a minimal response. seldom do I ask for posters for information and help, but when I do, it is for something like the book "Operation Thunderhead" that a good friend of mine wrote and has been published, the history it captured enriched us all (unlike the author that got very little).

To be honest, posters that start off their introductions and participation with "I want" are not nearly as helpful to us all as compared to posters who say "this is what I can bring to the table". This is not a full time job for any of us, and Joerg (bless his heart) goes broke supporting this site with VERY little outside support.

You want to contribute, please share your experiences about what you know and what you have seen. I personally would love to hear more about what the SR-71 maintainers had to do to keep those craft in the air.

In Reply to: DON"T FEAR THE POSTER posted by habu-e6 on September 18, 2009 at 19:44:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]