Re: NTS VS. Area 51 Somewhat.

Message posted by Gregos on September 19, 2009 at 22:56:16 PST:

Yes the NTS is very much still open. If you scroll down to Sept 14, I posted an article from The Las Vegas Review Journal. Daddy Bush banned underground testing of Nukes in 1992, but they still do other testing there to determine if America's current arsenal is up to par, etc. President Obama put a stop to the nuclear waste depository at Yucca Mountain as of right now.

If you live in or are planning a visit to Las Vegas, I encourage you to apply for the tour. They do it once a month. They fill up fast and they will need to do a background check on you so you need to plan the tour in advance. You are not allowed to take cameras, cell phones, ipods, etc. on the tour. Just a brown bag lunch. I don't remember going thru a metal detector or being wanded but it's really not worth getting pinched when you can find most photos of what they show you on the tour on the web. If you do go, make sure you ask them what the new airport is for on Yucca Flat for me. Thanks.

As for the Silverado Chevy's plate I have no idea. But if you are a NV resident you can get a NTS vanity plate all of your own!

Cheers!

In Reply to: NTS VS. Area 51 Somewhat. posted by Wheresjanet on September 19, 2009 at 22:12:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]