Re: Groom Lake road dirt

Message posted by Gregos on September 19, 2009 at 14:31:02 PST:

On one of my first trips out to Area 51, I took a rock (the larger one to the left) from directly underneath the " Nellis Bombing and Gunnery Range / Restricted Area" sign just for goofs. A few years later I took the NTS tour and dug out a small chip from my shoe after the Sedan Crater stop (the small one to the right).

Shortly after I bought a vintage Anton CD V-700 geiger counter on ebay for $60 bucks. It said it was calibrated -but who can say... Both rocks read a big goose egg when I tested them. The geiger counter does have a small sample sticker on the side to test beta emissions that does work. Also, about two years ago I had a nuclear stress test done on the old ticker. I had to fly from LAX to Las Vegas in the morning then jump another flight back to LAX that afternoon to be back at work the next morning. When I told the doc this, he was like take the paperwork with you. You are going to trip the "dirty bomb" detectors at the airport. When I got home I dug out my geiger counter and it pegged big time on the highest setting when passed over my heart! As for the airline security, I passed thru without them even batting an eye -what a jip! Lol.

In Reply to: Re: Groom Lake road dirt posted by Robert on September 19, 2009 at 12:39:32 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]