Re: What if... (Semi OT)

Message posted by Gregos on September 17, 2009 at 11:08:55 PST:

WerD,

Back in the early 90's I was a Rock 'n Roll roadie for a lot of different bands. Everyone one from Janet Jackson to Neil Young to Metallica, etc. The Company I worked for was called Obies out of Torrance, CA. Obies had their own light called a Xescan. It was basically one of those rotating sky tracker spot lights that you use to advertise a mall opening with a mirror attached to the top on servo motors to aim it at a position. It also had a color changer on it but that's not really important for this thread. Every time we had to demo this light for a band's lighting designer, we took it outside at night. The guy from Obies would always insist on tracking a flight on final to KLAX. I had my pilot's license once and I used to always say, "dude that's not a good idea!" Anyway when the LD saw that, I think it was a huge selling point! Then he would pan it over to the hills of Rancho Palos Verdes about 10 miles away. If you never been to California, Palos Verdes is the Beverly Hills of the beach communities. About 15 minutes into the demo the cops would show up -every single time! Most would be to interested into what we were doing to worry about writing us a ticket. I even witnessed a few cops actually take over the lighting board with the track ball and play with it themselves! They would say can you mount this to our cruiser??? I would just shake my head in disbelief...

Anyway, my point being, if the fuzz showed up every time we did a Xescan demo, what do you think would happen if you shot a LASER from Tikaboo? Sounds like fun though! If you can think of how we can get 3 phase power up there count me in! Lol.

In Reply to: What if... (Semi OT) posted by werD on September 16, 2009 at 19:43:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]