Re: wild life testing at groom.

Message posted by JoenTX on August 30, 2009 at 22:27:29 PST:

Bingo.

Much of the federal land in the area is reserved for wildlife research. My dad was a game biologist for the state of Texas from the 1960-90s and maid a few trips out the Nevada NWR with similar from AZ, NM, CO, etc. over the years on joint efforts dealing with Desert Mule Deer and Bighorn Sheep research.

He was good at picture taking at the time and I've poured through his slides of the trips at the time but, alas, no smoking gun. Besides, during his days there, Groom wasn't known of by the general public and nobody knew to be on the lookout for weird things in the sky or to keep an eye out in the direction of today's GLR.

My dad today finds it amusing since they traipsed all around the NWR 40 years ago by Jeep and IH Scout and had no idea that any secret base existed. No inkling or "cammo dudes" or nothing of mystery. It was just a vast desert/basin range than no one lived on and they ran surveys on to gauge animal populations on without any restriction.

My, how 40-something years changing things.....

In Reply to: Re: wild life testing at groom. posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on August 30, 2009 at 15:39:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]