Re: its time for everyone to know

Message posted by RuBBa_cHiKiN on August 23, 2009 at 3:42:27 PST:

Seconded. That's kind of the nature here at DLR. From my previous and current experiences here on DLR (not speaking on behalf of DLR here, btw) We're not one of those sites that demand to know EVERYTHING, we just pull our resources together to learn what we can. Rather than focusing on the need to know what goes on on the inside, we focus more on what we can learn from the outside, looking inward. A lot of what I was going to say has already been said by the person before me, but to add to that, Groom Lake is kind of one of those things you want to know everything about, but at the same time don't. The sense of mystery is one of those things that keep the spirit of a lot of us Groom Lake enthusiasts, and this site itself alive. To expand upon the original statement though, Area 51 is like America's prototype development and test track. If you're building something to keep your people safe from the enemy, then you really don't want anybody to find out what it is. Because there's a good chance that if your people know what you're building, then your enemy is going to find out what you're building too, and nothing's worse for a new weapon than an enemy having built a countermeasure for it before you even finished preparing it. But we still like to try to take a look every now and then. At DLR, we're more about figuring out answers than demanding them. And I guess that's kind of why I like it here. You'll know enough without knowing too much.

Sorry if I kinda rambled on there, guys.

In Reply to: Re: its time for everyone to know posted by Mark on August 22, 2009 at 20:35:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]