Re: A Trip to Area 51

Message posted by hankmann on August 04, 2009 at 0:12:49 PST:

Gonna have to side with Joerg on this one. In fact the author states this 3/4 into his story.

Something that always makes me wonder in these stories is why on Earth does all alien technology require lights? If they are so advanced, why would they need a visual indication of where they are that can be seen for miles?

Watching the fighters depart from Nellis at night in July, which was my first chance at seeing fighters flying at night, one thing was for certain, if you don't know they are there, you will not see the lights from them. Playing a Vegas slot machine has better odds than seeing lights from an F-15 25 miles away(excluding landing lights).

Why would one camp out in the valley with no binoculars? Even during the day you need them. Sometimes you need them to find the main road if you venture too far off of it !

The trip is missing too many essentials for me to believe that what was seen was anything but flares.

In Reply to: A Trip to Area 51 posted by owlbeemoth on August 03, 2009 at 17:14:07 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]