constant threat

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on July 31, 2009 at 7:50:53 PST:

As a disclaimer I am talking about up until 10 years ago so the following is ancient history.
-----------------------------------------------------
Yes, spying by other governments does take place and it is assumed that it is always happening during tests. Test planning and procedures do take this into account. Bleeding edge data collection systems are constantly being designed and stuffed into vans or a Winnebago and then set up in a location where they can pull data. This is done for two reasons. The assumption is that if we can do it and capture good data so can others and then counter measures can be proposed. The second reason is to test for vulnerability of the test security. Also if this works against our operations then it can be used against other interests. From my experience if you load a van full of electronic equipment and carry a bunch of towers and antenna on the roof and then drive around a highly secure facility you will eventually be followed and at some point stopped and searched. I know this from experience.

There are two other types of spying that I really don't know that much about yet. The first would be infiltration on foot by a group of spy's (probably like our SEAL teams) who attempt to get in close and set up observation. I suspect that the base would have a group of similar SEAL types who guard against this. I was told that there special forces operating between the cammos and the base from tech who claimed to stray into them during Red and Green Flag exercises. The second form of spying would be employees who for whatever reason (probably money) are spying for foreign intelligence agencies. While that seems unlikely it is a major threat and employees are constantly under surveillance (travel, bank accounts, relatives). It is also considered the highest threat because these people have direct access.

Anyways the purpose of spying at Groom is to see what we are developing, how far along it is, and what its capabilities are.

In Reply to: Re: Do Not Enter posted by werD on July 31, 2009 at 5:59:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]