Re: Track is no mystery

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on July 23, 2009 at 14:18:57 PST:

Good points. I would think the USAF would have better use for funding than to build a complex track for running when (by definition) Groom Lake is not a AF base but an auxiliary field. So is it logical to build a track with materials that has to be shipped in under secrecy and at high cost so USAF personnel, most of which fly FROM Nellis (where they apparently already have a track) can run? Also that "track" has a very interesting center span that is made in a very specific radius. Why? for a simple running track it would make no sense to have that curve (which once again is much more difficult to construct than a straight line). Whatever it is is it related to on-base projects because I'm sure that is any blue suiters need to run or bike to maintain fitness or their quals can do so at Nellis. Reminds me when I asked my boss once about building a fitness center so people in my position could remain in shape and he pointed out the floor at the rear of the control room and noted that I could do situps and pushups as much as I wanted. It looks like if some one at Groom wants to run there are plenty of streets to accomodate them.

In Reply to: Track is no mystery posted by Peter Merlin on July 22, 2009 at 13:52:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]