Re: New hangar orientation.theory

Message posted by Tim Hendrix on July 20, 2009 at 22:03:10 PST:

I have to put my money on a mature (or nearly mature) program rather than a test article. Seems to be a massive expense for a few months of testing on a platform that would eventually be based elsewhere. As has been stated, the project could well be operated from the site with associated support personnel and equipment. Further justification for an updated Janet fleet. It will be interesting to see what kind of ground support equipment is observed in the area. Ground equipmment also provides clues to the type quantity of fuel the article might need. From the photos it doesn't appear that provisions are provided for any type of armament area so it may be assumed it's unarmed. Would the article operate from the shorter, vastly more accessible taxiway turned runway? The berm also provides coverage from aircraft taxiing to and from the terminal areas. These are all suppositions and I'll probably be wrong but once this new project becomes operational there should be an increase in activity in that area.

In Reply to: New hangar orientation.theory posted by GreatGuess on July 19, 2009 at 7:22:14 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]