New Hangar project

Message posted by Robert on July 13, 2009 at 9:49:37 PST:

I guess there is no way of knowing for sure what will be housed in the new hangar until somebody gets a photo of it being moved in or out. And there would be no chance of that! They are good at protecting projects. Like Peter said recently "For hints at what the future may bring, look at current requirements to see what is driving future acquisitions." A project that seems to be getting a lot of attention is the "Strike anywhere missile plan". It looks like there might be a new twist on the plan. Here is a link with more info. Peter in your opinion could they be using the new hangar for this type of project. Maybe using it to house a converted Falcon prototype. Maybe using Groom as a test place to fly the Falcon with the converted missile or do you think it would be for a project that we haven't any clue about. I guess there is no way of know. Would this new project from the article need the secrecy of Groom for test flights or can it be done somewhere else? Just wondering. I would tend to think the secrecy would be valuable. I wouldn't want anybody seeing what the project looks like or even what stage it is in.

Attached link: Strike-Anywhere Missile Plan Could Get Hypersonic Boost

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]