Re: The new Hangar

Message posted by Great Guess on July 05, 2009 at 15:57:32 PST:

Let me give you my inputs based on your post. 1. I agree about the last phase of construction comment you make. I think the road is permanent and a blast deflector will be built between it and the test vehicle parking location before the place opens. The offices /road/parking are on the east side of the hangar not the west so I don’t understand that comment. 2. I agree that the turn out of the South side of the hangar is a bit tight but a good tow team can do wonders by just staying on the tow line. Do they follow normal airfield management rules at this place? Who knows. I believe the hangar is built for two test vehicles after looking at the sat pictures from Google earth (2006) and Dreamland Resort (2007). I have to think a bit before I put forth a theory of airfield operations regarding entry and exit from the hangar. This hangar has been under construction for over three years which seems to me to be too long for normal construction. Did the program run into some issues that caused it to be late and thus no big hurry in finishing the place; if they were truly in the very final stages of the “grand opening” I would expect more vehicles and activity than I see in the image. 3. I disagree about your theory of parking chase aircraft in that spot – that is too “cowboy like”; chase aircraft would go to their normal staging area after a mission. That spot is the launch spot for the test vehicle prior to a mission. A lot depends on how the vehicle(s) park and move around in the area; too soon to tell. 4. That looks like another test vehicle parking location that is not complete yet. I don't know what the fact that it is black where the main landing gear would probably go. This is another indicator the hangar is not finished yet. I think we will see tow lines to this spot in the future it just isn't ready for them yet. 5. I don't know. North is up in this picture so I am having to translate your locations. 6. Agree. We need to figure that out.

In Reply to: Re: The new Hangar posted by Theran Davis on July 05, 2009 at 15:23:20 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]