Re: More satellite image clips

Message posted by Hankmann on July 04, 2009 at 23:07:05 PST:

Reading the posts to the "racetrack" and then looking the satellite pics over again, one things hits me about it. The "racetrack" is not as wide as the normal road it is next to. Comparing the vans/cars in the area, it's clear you could not have 2 side by side on the track. Also, using the vehicles in the pic as a size reference, the "upper left" race track, which resembles a horse racing track in layout, almost seems pointless as the turns would not be able to be negotiated at any sort of speed, to tight, to narrow.

I would guess that this is a test track as mentioned already. The vehicles tho that would be tested would be very limited in size due to the narrow track.

I had to look again at the pic after writing the last paragraph, one other thing that sticks out is there are no shoulders to the track or walls as in NASCAR tracks. The shoulders being the larger missing item.

The more you look at it the stranger it becomes to me at least. The surrounding desert seems untouched from the construction of the track, another strange thing.

I am leaning towards it is something very far from a race track or a test track. Really, the I look at it the further from "track" I get.

Very much worth looking into deeper I feel.

In Reply to: Re: More satellite image clips posted by psiuh88 on July 04, 2009 at 21:47:23 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]