Re: White bus (driver)

Message posted by Robert on June 11, 2009 at 13:59:53 PST:

There seems to have been a real attitude with some of the workers in the years past. I can recall an incident I was witness to and one of video that show a real attitude from Area 51 workers. They certainly used to think they could do whatever they wanted. Not so! I witnessed a tourist take a picture of the ET Sign at HWY 375. A worker who were parked very close to the sign approached him in a hostile manner and threatened to destroy his camera. Maybe they shouldn't park their car near a tourist site. Another worker came and got him and walked him back to his car.
Totally outrageous behavior. There is video of a worker driving his truck at a very dangerous speed on Groom Lake Road past a crowd gathered at the warning signs. This sites mentor, Norio Hayakawa was a witness to that incident. I think the worker was eventually identified and cited by the Sheriff. I have heard (can't verify) that workers have chased tourist taking pictures at the ET HWY sign clear down the HY towards Rachel at unsafe speeds trying to intimidate them. We have all heard the stories of them flying the helicopter illegally low to intimidate individuals on BLM land. Thanks to the former workers lawsuit in the 90's handled by Attorney Turley, the illegal burning of chemicals has stopped- Maybe! I am sure this, "I am above the law mentality" still exist in some ways out at Area 51, but sites like this have shined a light on their ways and I don't see them acting that way as much any more. That white bus and some workers still will drive past you on GLR at a very high speed.

In Reply to: White bus (driver) posted by Mark S on June 11, 2009 at 11:31:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]