What goes on at hanger 19?

Message posted by Daniel McLaughlin on April 03, 2009 at 2:58:36 PST:

I'm new at this so bear with me... Now that I finaly found a site with people who might actually know at least some thing I have to ask a question. I've been odsessed with A-51 ever since I found google earth and realized I could control the view. Well, after finding this site I discovered the area that I'm interested in is called hangar 19. Does anybody have any idea as to why they need an explosion resistant building?? That dirt berm surrounding the blue structure is massive in scale and obviously used as blast protection, but from what?? And if you look at the timeline photo from 2002, the runway next to it with the oblong tarmac jutting from the middle appears to be normal looking other than the circle in the middle with cross hair type markings on it. But a 2006 photo shows yellow discoloration all down the runway, and the oblong part has dark and light discoloration all over it. Wonder what thats all about?? I read something about it maybe being paint, but I really doubt thats paint. Why would you need blast protection to paint?? Yeah I've become rather obsessed with this stuff, and I'm loving every minute of it!!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]