UFO Hunters Punked!

Message posted by Steve Douglass on April 01, 2009 at 15:11:53 PST:

My last post at about the UFO Hunters show generated lots of hate e-mail, especially from those who believe UFOS are of extraterrestrial origin.

At the risk of drawing more fire (and after all it's April Fool's Day) I couldn't help but chuckle when I came upon a story about how the UFO Hunters were punked.

Yes, I know this isn't a UFO web site, but earlier there was a thread about the History Channel's popular show UFO Hunters and their very highly publicized trip to the outskirts of Area 51, so I thought the following might be of interest to some.

It seems the show's team of UFO experts was fooled by hoaxers who launched flares attached to helium balloons sparking a media circus in Morristown New Jersey.

Personally, I hate hoaxers, they just muddy the already clouded waters and make it harder to get at the truth, but in this case (and after seeing the UFO Hunter's mediocre/rehash and treatment of Area 51) I couldn't help but smile a bit when I read that they were duped by a couple of kids partaking in a "psychological experiment."

It's too bad that when it comes to UFOS it seems there are no impartial investigators with the bottom line being money, and ratings and not uncovering the truth whatever it may be.

I have no problem with making money, but don't produce it, box it, sale it and especially label it as the truth when all it amounts to is a collection of poorly-researched sighting reports, sensationalized anecdotal "evidence" (that can't be substantiated, fuzzy night vision videos of blinking lights and then call it proof that extraterrestrial beings are hiding within Area 51.

The only label that applies is FICTION.

In any event, its an interesting article. See LINK.

So as we don't jam up this fine site with UFO debates, you can post comments on my blog at deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com

-Steve Douglass

Attached link: UFO HUNTERS PUNKED

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]