Re: UFO Hunters Area 51 F-15 - a Silent Eagle?

Message posted by Steve Douglass on March 17, 2009 at 21:59:19 PST:

Thanks for clearing that up Peter. I didn't realize until I read the entire Boeing press release that it hasn't taken to the air yet.

Still, F-15s (other than flight test chase) it seems logical that F-15s might be flying over 51 to establish "before & after" RCS measurements (for use in the Silent eagle project) or to acquaint future test pilots with the area and ( as with the A-7Ds used during F-117 test flights) or possibly used as airborne simulators (test beds for classified components) ) or substitutes for classified aircraft types not yet in production.

I was always under the idea that the HH-60s were the only aircraft used for protecting the box.

-Steve Douglass

The shots of the F-15s in the UFO Hunters piece piqued my interests and I couldn't help but wonder if they have ever been used to defend Area 51 airspace (and not as with the crash of the Have Blue) as you mentioned, have ever been tasked with interdiction duty.

In Reply to: Re: UFO Hunters Area 51 F-15 - a Silent Eagle? posted by Robert on March 17, 2009 at 16:58:51 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]