Re: R.C. planes now have the technology....

Message posted by psiuh88 on February 27, 2009 at 17:00:06 PST:

how's it going to be controlled?
with a handheld transmitter or some sort of GPS guidance? I wonder if the military also has some sort of GPS signal interference right close in around these sensitive areas? Same reasoning that their wargaming of potential incursion methods to cover whatever sort of espionage attempts from being made(and that's what these nitwits will be prosecuted under, as well as violating controlled airspace and creating a flight hazard).

if its a handheld transmitter, they usually only work line of sight, and they probably would put out enough of a powerful signal to control a "little" electic plane flying a distance of 25 to 50 miles away. For a plane to have that sort of endurance, you're going to need a big LiPo battery pack and a big enough motor, and the electric motors, even outrunners aren't totally silent. and you have to get there and back. and how do you potheads propose to control the plane this far away - through something like FPV cameras and video goggles - another set of RF transmissions to track you down with. I don't think you will see and be able to control an RC model with a 6' (much less a micro one with a 2-3') wingspan from Tikaboo with a pair of binoculars, all the way to Groom Lake, and certainly not Papoose Lake.

if its gps controlled, why make an airplane when you could build and send in a little model tank or car, that creeps along the desert floor, and come all the way back so the photos could be retrieved ? I'd guess they may have already considered a possible threat like this too.

In Reply to: Re: R.C. planes now have the technology.... posted by ad017510 on February 27, 2009 at 9:24:00 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]