Re: UFO Huners Area 51 episode

Message posted by OhioTraveler on February 26, 2009 at 19:39:56 PST:

The show is called "UFO Hunters" folks. I myself didn't expect it to contain anything other than what a network would think that would stir ratings. This is how these shows operate.

It would have been nice to see some credit to DLR and Joerg. This is truly an unprecedented web site in terms of documentation and firsts.

It was nice seeing Peter on the tube. He presented himself well and I truly believe he had presented the producers with great information/data, yet it didn't get used.

I am the organizer of the Area 51 (Dreamland conference) event in Las Vegas. Joerg and I are working hard together to make sure that Groom is represented fairly on all levels at the event. There will be no Peter Merlin materials hitting the edit room floor. All information will be raw and in person.

I was really kind of "wow'd" at the similarities about the content of the show, in comparison to what is being offered at our conference. From the "latest satellite" imagery, to the Janet viewing suite at the Tropicana, to the guests. It had all of the elements and folks involved with our event.

It seemed like a sneek preview but Hollywoodized. =)

As for Bill Birnes, Pat and the other cast members of UFO Hunters, I don't fault them for the turn out of the show. They are in the UFO field and not in the same mindset as many of the folks here on DLR.

Something else as well, I really wondered how this show even fit "in" with the base. While there is a record of numerous UFO sightings and such from the region, there has NOT been any substantial or unforgettable evidence of Aliens and saucers tied to the base.

Lots of stories. But know evidence. Notice that the only footage shown of "UFO's" were about 4 clips of unknown lights? I think doing a show like UFO Hunters at Area 51 was a tough gig for all involved.

They were stuck rehashing all that is already known.

Like Joerg says, hopefully there will be a mainstream network show, that touches on the grounded reality of the base. In the meanwhile, come to the conference in August and meet the folks that live and breath the real story.

All the best,

Brent

Attached link: The Dreamland Conference

In Reply to: UFO Huners Area 51 episode posted by Robert on February 25, 2009 at 23:15:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]