Re: UFO Huners Area 51 episode

Message posted by Peter Merlin on February 26, 2009 at 10:19:29 PST:

It turned out exactly as I expected. Unfortunately. The producers promised they were going to tell "the real Area 51 story, not the mythology." Then they went right ahead and made the same show that has been done to death so many times before.

I offered them the results of my decades of research - documents, interviews, etc. We're talking rock-solid, hard data. I gave them my best. I made sure to include a lot of material that "has never before been seen on television." It still hasn't. Most of my material never made the final cut.

This is not the first time this has happened so I expected it. Because I set my expectations low, I was merely disappointed rather than angry with the results. I guess nobody wants documented facts when you can trot out the old Lazar saucer stories.

A great deal of air time was wasted on shaky, random camera images of sagebrush and rocks. After each commercial break, the narrator felt compelled to rehash all the non-information from the previous segments. Not quite what I was hoping for.

In Reply to: UFO Huners Area 51 episode posted by Robert on February 25, 2009 at 23:15:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]