Re: Crossing NTS

Message posted by Layover on February 22, 2009 at 14:15:33 PST:

Then let's look at it a different way. What are the GENERAL air currents in the area. If someone were to float something so that it would (hopefully) pass over Groom. Would you start northwest at Twin Springs? Straight to the west near Goldfield? More southwest near Amargossa? I'm not a pilot. Looking at weather data would make my head explode.

And there's no question that they have an incredible array of radar. Not just for their security but for every nuance of the exercises out there. Which is why an ultralight, flying on the deck was intriguing. But you're most probably right. It'd get picked up. Forced down. Arrested. Yada yada.

Which then raises the question, what's the signature of a bouquet of helium balloons? One with something like a small video camera dangling beneath it. And a GPS tracker so you could recover it if it made it across.

Challenges? The peaks. And about 1000 other things. But look at the mensa candidate who flew across Idaho last year. The guy in the 80's who lawnchaired up into flight pathes near LAX. I'm just thinking something far far more smaller and that, if it didn't get across, would not lead government agents to my doorstep:)

In Reply to: Re: Crossing NTS posted by Scot M Tway on February 16, 2009 at 23:36:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]