Re: I realize this is not a UFO website so forgive me, but..

Message posted by Nelson on January 07, 2009 at 10:51:09 PST:

I'm not a member of the site, I'm just a very new guest myself, but I have done a little research into the Roswell affair. At the time there was a secret program using high altitude balloons to carry monitoring and measuring equipment, they were using barometric meters to detect the distinctive shock wave of Russian atomic tests. They were also sampling the upper atmosphere to analyze the various isotopes in the fallout. It seems likely that one of these instrument packages landed at Roswell, it was even announced at the time that it was merely a balloon. But then they seemed to have second thoughts, and in an attempt to keep the program secret they impulsively announced they had found a crashed flying saucer. Now, of course, the program is declassified, and it makes sense, particularly if you look at the photos of the soldier holding the "wreckage," it's obviously the remains of a balloon. But now it's a case of trying to tell the truth once you've already been caught in a lie, and a lot of people prefer to disbelieve the official reasonable explanation and go with the romance of the flying saucer story.
That's just my opinion, of course, I wouldn't dream of claiming that I must be right and those people are wrong, I wasn't there, so there's no way to ever know for sure.

In Reply to: I realize this is not a UFO website so forgive me, but.. posted by Johnny on January 07, 2009 at 10:21:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]