Re: No UFOs at Area 51.

Message posted by Scot M Tway on January 04, 2009 at 11:29:52 PST:

Fellow DLR Forum Participants,
I too was brought to Area 51 and then DLR out of curiosity about UFOs. I now 'know' that Area51 is a test site and I am primarily a military A/C spotter/enthusiast. I have hesitated up to this point to share a incident from my past that got me interested in UFOs with this Forum but perhaps now is the time. I apologise if this is too OT or offends anyone. I merely pass it on for its factual value:
I was/am a 'Military Brat'. While living in Algers, Algeria with my Dad & Mom(He was Air Attache')in 1964 I got to know a Sgt who was a 'Communicator' at the Embassy while attending slow pitch softball games held each Sunday as a excuse for the American community in Algers to get together and socialize. Hank was a fun guy and we became good friends.
Four years later I found myself in Basic Training(for the USAFA Prep School) @ Lackland AFB, Tx when my Dad called me and told me Hank was dying of lung cancer(He was a Heavy Smoker!)and in the hospital on Base. I ask and got permission to go see him. He was glad to see me as he had no family at all and I was the only one who had come to his bedside. He then said he had something he just had to tell someone before he died and he hoped I'd believe him and not think he was crazy or a Nut.
It seems that after being stationed in Algeria he had been transferred to work on Project Blue Book. He said about 25~30 % of the cases he helped investigate went unexplained. But what he wanted to tell me about was what happened to him and his Lieutenant while fishing about 2 miles off the coast of Myrtle Beach, SC in the Spring of 1967. He said it was a totally clear day with unlimited visibility and nearly calm seas. They had been fishing about 2 hours when he noticed an object in the sky at about a 60 degree elevation to them that appeared motionless. He said it was cigar shaped and they viewed it for over 10 minutes. They had a 35mm camera with a 25mm lens with Plus X B/W film and took the whole roll of film of the object. He said they both observed the object move away at 'Unbelievable' speed and disappear in the distance.
They decided to cut their fishing trip short and went back to the Base and to their offices photo lab and developed the film and printed some enlargements too. He said the resolution wasn't that great and no real details were visible. They decided to tell their Boss, a Major about it the next day. When they did he told them to surrender all the photos and negatives and forget it ever happened and NEVER to discuss it with anyone EVER. He said he had been true to those orders to that very day he told me. He died the very next day.
This is what first piqued my interest in UFOs and what first brought me to DLR. I since have re focused my interests and doubt the existence of Extraterrestrial Vehicles at Area 51.

In Reply to: Re: No UFOs at Area 51. posted by loopbacktest4echo on December 30, 2008 at 10:22:56 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]