Re: Yucca Mountain Rail Route

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on December 05, 2008 at 16:11:58 PST:

I have worked in nuclear power, most of it as a lisenced Reactor Operator or Senior Reactor Operator, for thirty years and found that without a doubt the reason we are behind the rest of the world and lack a robust electrical generation system and remain depended on fossil fuels are idiodic and ignorant views and beliefs by individuals that get scared by stuff like "The China Syndrom" or equally fictional accounts and then turn their panic into a flawed viewpoint. It is time to tell people that have no intelligence but don't have a problem making a stand to just shut up and let people smarter and more capable develop, implement and improve nuclear power so we can throw off the yoke of OPEC and the sky filling pollutants of fossil fuels like coal that kills people daily. Harsh? probably, but I do tire of opinions with no accountability and fear expressed as opposition to a incredibly potent energy source. I have lived and worked in Nuclear power and can say if we were unencumbered with the white noise of dummies, then we would have a stronger country, better economy and a foundation to support electric cars instead of gasoline engines. It is time to stop glorifying ignorance and make decisions based on what is ACUALLY safe and will keep this country strong. The whole Yucca Flats project is safe and technology exists to ensure safe transport and storage of spent nuclear fuel. But don't take my word on it; I've only been doing this since 1978.

In Reply to: Re: Yucca Mountain Rail Route posted by Robert on December 05, 2008 at 14:56:43 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]